Wednesday, April 23, 2008

i heart bunco.

Last night Bunco was at my house. I look forward to it every month, but this month it came up on me too quick! I worked all but two nights last week, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to shop and plan, but luckily it all came together and was tons of fun. I've been obsessed with the idea of making cute cupcakes from scratch (inspired by the cupcake blog), but that was a total disaster and waste of time, and the only ones that really turned out were the ones from the box! Oh well, I guess I'm just not meant to be a baker.

For dinner I did a pasta bar: rigatoni with chicken alfredo and spagetti and meatballs. (There's the recipe Lindsay...don't you love hyperlinks? I do :) Also, thanks to Raelene for letting me borrow all your entertaining stuff.
Megan, Kim, and Raelene.
Megs saved me by coming an hour early to help finish up while I showered and got ready. Good luck on your glucose test...hope those peanut m&ms didn't push you over the edge :).
Raelene, Lindsay, and Charly. (I love how Raelene kept jumping in on the pictures. She would :).
Amanda, Megan, Rachel and Kim writing down their scores. Megan was being a little to cauky and ended up not winning. We were still nice in the end.
Raelene, Megan, Lindsay and Lindsay.Karen, Trisha, Charly and Me.
The prizes. I was proud of the frames. They were such a great deal unfinished, so I painted and sanded them and they turned out pretty cute for $8 prizes for three of them. I snagged the blue Roxy purse. (That's the one I really wanted!!)
All in all it was a very fun girls night. It's been great getting to know all the bunco girls. I'm so greatful for your friendships!

11 comments:

brookelovesjay said...

aww im so sad i missed it! it looks like you did a wonderful job! i sure miss bunco. nothing better get in my way of coming next month. it looks like i missed out on some great prizes too! darn food poisoning...

JRC said...

What can I say I'm popular. I can't help that everyone was "asking" me to be in their pictures! (Haha! Just kidding!)

Taylor Family said...

You did an awesome job! Rachel LOVED it too. She was talking about how she couldn't believe what a good cook you were! I agree!She also went and got everything to make a headband board thing today too! I'm glad that you got your purse! (and that I got my gift card!) Good luck this weekend!

Unknown said...

How fun! I love bunco too, but I haven't played in years. You must have a real dedicated group. Look slike everything turned out great...including those cupcakes.

Josh and Megan said...

Yummy cupcakes...I ate them right away after my test...they were good, as was everything else that night! Cute post...the dice pic even turned out cute, you photographer you!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Mmmm the pictures of the cupcakes are making me hungry. I'll be there next weekend for Garreth's graduation. So you'll see your boo boo. I'll call you later.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

P.S Good luck with the big race tomorrow, I wish I was there to do it with you. You are going to KILL it. Call us to let us know how it goes. Oh and your hair is getting longer. Love it.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

You did a great job at your house! Thanks for the yummy food and prizes! I've got to find a good place for the cute black frames! You make a great hostess :) Thanks for the meatball recipe too.

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I want to come sometime! Your food display was beautiful! Hope all is well...

Karin said...

I also thought you did a great job hosting and had a great time. Thanks! I have yet to spend my Nordstrom gift card but I'm thinking about eyeliner pencil and sharpener :) By the way I found your blog from Kim's and it's really cute.

Erin said...

how fun is that! my mom and her friends play bunco every month also! you ladies are so cute. I have never played, but i love girls nights full of food and fun!