So what's the deal with going private? Seems like more and more people are getting creeped out by having their blog open for anyone to see. I haven't had any weird comments or anything, but I've heard there's a way to track who visits your blog. Does anybody know how to do that? I just think it will be a hassle to get everyone's email address and I don't wanna block anyone who's not a psycho freak. But I am considering it. Any thoughts?
10 comments:
I agree.. where do you draw the line between the hassle of keeping the blog-stalkers out and availing your loved ones a view of your life? I put a MapLoco map on my blog, and once it's in, you can actually click on it and it will tell you all the locations (city, state) that people are viewing your blog from (and the times in fact). Once you see if there are a lot of weird places, you might have a better idea if it's necessary to go private or not.
Adrienne, I too have given much thought to going private. This MapLoco sounds like a good way to know if it is necessary to go private. Hope everything is great.
my friend told me about something you download to your site to track who visits, I'll ask her what the site is and let you know.
You can add sitemeter to your blog and it will show you where people are coming from, how long they are on, etc. You can click on a link at the very bottom of my blog to add it. I have the map too. The only reason I went private is b/c of my little kids.
i just added my own map! that is such a good idea. i'm with you on going private, it is a hassle and i think it would be too hard for people like my grandparents to get on and look at my blog if i went private...i doubt they would ever create a sign in name. hopefully the map will help and hopefully we won't have too many weirdos looking at our blogs!
Um yeh i don't get it Adrienne. I don't know what anybody could do to you by looking at your blog anyway! But I just wanted to say, I love you new slide show! ;)! Way cute!
Well My first post was removed due to a wifey's influence. However I do want to know what the big deal is if others see your blog??? I am for a free blogging society. If people really want to find out info about you they will find a way to do so. Obviously if you are being harrassed then go private. I have more rants and raves about the subject but will save them for another day. This is Brett By the way.
I know what you are saying about it being a hassel. Now that I have calmed down a little today I don't know that I want to deal with all of that. I put a tracker on mine but it didn't work. I must have done it wrong. I'm going to talk to Brooke more about this map thing she is talking about. Maybe we will try that first and if there are a bunch of wierd CONTINUOUS viewers (Especially from ARIZONA) then I am doing it...no questions asked.
www.google.com/analytics
that's where you can track how many times ppl see your blog. You can't necessarily see WHO is looking at your blog, but you can see how often it's viewed and where from. I did it for a few of mine, and found that there's ppl in singapore, turkey and france who are looking at my food blog. I don't mind only because I deleted the link to our home blog which is open to just about anyone. Oh it also shows you who has linked your blog to theirs, and how many times ppl visit through their link. I'm actually considering going private sometime too, likely after we get children, I duno.
As for the camping trip in May name the day and place!! I would love to go, plus it's been forever since we've seen each other! Is JD graduating?
I just talked to Aaron and he said we could go to the Uintah's but they were cold at night in July! He just doesn't want to drive too far, but let's plan it!
Post a Comment