Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Someday a Mother's Day

I had to work on Mother's day, and I'm not a mother, so I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordindary last Sunday. But my cute husband pulled through. When I walked in the door, he was scrambling to do something without me seeing. I soon figured it out. He was putting dinner from Red Butte on plates to make it look like he cooked a gourmet meal. Ha! He cracks me up sometimes. I know he didn't really think I would believe he made the dinner, (especially because I knew he had devoted the day to watching the Jazz playoff game), but I thought it was funny anyway. It was the thought that counted and more importantly the fact that I was starving and there was delicious food ready for me to eat right away!

Of course he had to get two kinds of desserts that we proceeded to eat all of, not really caring that much because we told each other that the diet starts tomorrow :).

The rest of the night consisted of cuddling on the couch, watching a movie and me falling asleep on him like I do every night. I thought I would be less of a zombie now that I'm back to working days, but work has just been wearing me out! I know that being a mom is very tiring too, but I look forward to not having to work full time. I know JD's excited for me to be a mom someday, and I appreciate his confidence in me and all the little ways he shows me he loves me. He's such a good best friend.

8 comments:

Leah said...

What a nice surprise to walk in to! Glad you were able to enjoy your dinner with him!

James Low said...

what a good hubby! why are you two dieting tomorrow, you both are in fabulous shape!

James Low said...

by james it should be erin low!

Alex and Jane said...

Those desserts look so delicious. I am glad that you had a yummy dinner to come home to. You'll be the best mom ever when the time comes!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Adrie, I've been thinking about you. I'm sad that we aren't going to be able to go surfing this week together. I think that we might drive Sunday late afternoon. JD is so good to you, I'm glad that he did that for you. You deserve it. Those desserts look absolutely sinful. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

What a cute story. I can totally picture J.D trying to make your special Mothers day feist. Its amazing how fast guys can whip up something with a quick little trip to the restaurant. What a good guy. I'm so excited to see you this weekend.

Taylor Family said...

Ok so don't worry that all I had to do is read ONE line and started balling! HOW CUTE! I'm glad that you got to enjoy mothers day! See you tomorrow!

Jessica said...

You will be such a wonderful Mother someday soon (I hope so you can leave that ICU and hang out on my sofa with me and Graham!)Love you Adrie!