Friday, January 25, 2008

Back to the Big Island



Ever since it started to snow here in Utah, we've been talking about high-tailing it out of here and going somewhere warm!! Besides the snowboarding, we really can't stand living in the cold. Scraping the windshield after a 12 hour night shift, having anxiety attacks while sliding around on the roads as semi trucks drive by and blind my view, slipping and falling flat on my back on the ice, and not wanting to ever be outside...these are just a few reasons I'll always have California on the mind! As for now, I'm sooo looking forward to spending a week in paradise. We decided to go to the Big Island of Hawaii because we loved it so much when we lived there two summers ago and we found some pretty good deals. We're going with Megan and Josh, and JD's cousins live over there, so I know it will be a blast. Even better, we're going over Valentine's Day, my birthday, and the Chase's anniversary. What timing! I always tell JD that he can't combine V-day and my B-day, but this year I'll forgive him. I can't wait to tan my pasty body...but being in a bathing suit in the middle of winter is a little worrisome!

5 comments:

sam said...

I know what you mean Adrie, I need some sunshine too. I've been thinking about Maui lately. You are so lucky to be able to get away from the freezing cold. Next week I'll be joining you in the icy cold, we're going to be in Utah for baby Sharon's birthday. So we have to meet up. I don't know if Eric is going to be able to make it yet. Your blog is so cute, I love looking at it. We miss you, see you soon. I'll call you later. Love you.

The Drawes said...

You guys look amazing together!! I'm excited for you guys going to Hawaii.. although i'd be more excited if we were going too... But, yeay for you guys and the Chase fam!!

But really... you guys look good!
xoxo

Taylor Family said...

How fun! Why didn't you loosers invite me!? J\K We are going in May! Woo Hoo, it's the year for Hawaii! Anyways, I found your blog through LaCee's! What the heck? You think I could have found it on Megan's...I'm an airhead!!!

Josh and Megan said...

JD make sure you bring those sweet white pants, and that hawaiian shirt of yours like in that first picture. Where can I get a festive rich mans hawaiian outfit like that?

JRC said...

Hope you are having fun in Hawaii!! I just got back from Cozumel...we can compare tans when you get back. Although mine might be peeled off by then. I over did it just a little because I knew I was coming back to snow. Yuck!!!