Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Enjoy Being a Girl

...and having one! Lately I've had so much fun playing dress up with my baby. She's just so cute, I can't help it!





When I found out I was pregnant, I was convinced I was having a boy. I don't know if it was just because I thought I'd be better at raising boys, because in my family a boy came first, or just mixed up mother's intuition, but whatever it was, I was wrong.
I've always been somewhat of a tomboy. I was always trying to keep up with my older brothers and am just really competitive by nature. I loved playing sports, and still do, but I also loved dress up and barbies.
I was looking for some baby pictures and came accross this sweet letter my dad wrote me a few years ago that has a bunch of old pictures glued on it. As only a dad can describe his little girl, he said, "I liked how you liked to get filthy but also how you liked dressing up like a little princess...The perfect combination of mud and make-up- proms and mud runs. You could kick a ball like no other and go right to a dance lesson. You could catch my stretchers as good as the boys and still wow them in a prom dress."
As women, we all have our self-esteem issues, but this is one thing I love about myself. I'm tomboy and girly girl all in one. A few days ago we got to stay in Park City while Megan and Josh were house sitting at this amazing house on the Canyons Resort. I got to go snowboarding while JD watched the babe. Then Tuesday I played in our first city league volleyball game. (I'm really rusty!) Doing things like this keeps me going.
I love being a mom and homemaker. I go crazy over petti skirts, bows, and cute dresses. I can't wait to bust out my brand new sewing machine and start creating again. I'm trying to be better at cooking healthy meals, and I'm looking for some hot black heels to go with my pencil dress for my sister's wedding.
I'm afraid my little one might have some of me in her. She is one intense little chica. She is constantly moving til she wears herself out, then crashes. She actually screams whenever I'm getting her dressed and putting bows on. But she can pull off cute like no other :).
So, basically, I'm just loving the whole girly girl thing right now.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It describes you perfectly. I love you Adrie.
I feel like I need to have a girl to bring out my inner girl. I have a desire to try and enjoy shopping so i'm thinking a baby girl might help me in that avenue.
Maddie is growing so beautifully. Bryce and I were talking about how you can already tell that she's going to be a little gorgeous heart throb. And, by how active she already is, she's going to give those boys a run for their money! We can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

She is adorable. You make me want another little girl really badly.

don't tell Eric

KCordell said...

I always admired how gorgeous and how athletic you were. Maybe a little jealous too, but reading this makes me feel like we are a lot a like. Well, sort of anyway. Maddie is so cute and I love her in her petti! Thanks for all the publicity I feel like I don't deserve it. I feel like an imposter selling my petti's. I mean what kind of person is a stay-at-home mom, by trade, an accountant by degree, and crafter by default. Maybe anyway. Love your onesies. Can't wait to get one!!! Whoot, whoot!

KCordell said...

I said how gorgeous and athletic you were, but that also means are. You really haven't changed much, only for the good.

Sarah said...

Yes! I love this post! I can't wait to tell Kristy so we can have even more to talk about together! Thanks for feeding my ego- I have great taste in baby clothes!

Erin said...

that is the one reason that i want one girl, is to dress her all up in such fun outfits. boys clothes are cute, but not as cute as all the dresses and headbands and such! she is adorable!

Unknown said...

I think you are the perfect combination of girly girl and tomboy. You were always the gorgeous heart-throb who all the girls wish they looked even half as good as you and wished they could be as athletic as you. And on top of it all, you're a total sweetheart. I know I don't know you that well but these are just all things I have observed and I just totally admire you and think you are wonderful. Maddie is a lucky baby to have such an awesome mom. By the way, that is a sweet letter from your dad.

Mark and Juli said...

I remember when J.D. told us he was falling for "Adrienne Lindsey" I was so excited. I didn't know much about you other than you were beautiful. I think I had seen you once. You made a wonderful first impression and you haven't let us down. Together you have produced a very beautiful little girl. You've made Gramps really proud. I love you all.

Mark and Juli said...

I miss my baby Maddie. Dang, you guys! She's getting TOO CUTE! I can't wait to see her in person again. I love you all.
Mom

joelandteri said...

Adrie she is adorable. You are adorable. Miss you!!

::jill:: said...

hey adrienne.
what a doll she is. love all her cute outfits.

i have a random question for you about your carseat/stroller combo. i'm pretty sure it is the same as the one we really like (baby trend expedition gray and green). Anyway, i have read a lot of negative reviews on babies r us website about how it is hard to push the buttons down and the front wheel jiggles sometimes. i was just wondering, now that you have tested it out, if you still love it or if you have had any of these problems. i love the look of it...but i just wanted to know if you would still recommend me getting that one or if you would suggest another one. maybe the people who actually write the reviews are the cranky/complaining type of people anyway?? just thought i'd ask. thanks.