Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Posh Tot

A couple months ago Maddison found this book hiding high in her closet, waiting for the day when she refrained from ripping pages out and graduated from board books. You would've thought I was keeping from her the most important information she'd ever need in her whole life by the way she reacted when I reluctantly let her thumb through the pages. Needless to say, it became a quick favorite, an every day read.
Little did I know the impact it would have on a girl's need to accessorize, or how broad it would expand the vocabulary of an 18 month old to include "fucshia," "plume," and "merci." No outfit is complete without her sunglasses, especially when at the pool. Tantrums arise when I try to help her drink bottled water. She prefers to sip on it all by herself.
I think I just have to accept that my baby just isn't much of a baby anymore. She's singing her ABC's, doing someraults, speaking in sentences, pretending, humming along to my music in the back seat, climbing, jumping (well, trying to), telling me what she wants for lunch, and pretty much just making me smile all day. I love my spunky little girl!

7 comments:

Alex and Jane said...

Fancy Nancy is the greatest. If I ever have a girl, it will be a must-read. I our Maddie-girl and I bet with her dark skin she looks terrific in fuscia.

Alex and Jane said...

I meant to say love. I love her.

Unknown said...

Oh my, that last picture of Maddie is the best! It definitely should be used at her wedding reception in the future or something! And I loved your Lake Powell post. You're family is awesome and everyone is just so dang good looking! And I love the pictures of all your naked water babies! SO CUTE! Ok, I'm done now.

Mills Family said...

She is so cute and so grown up!!! She's beautiful. It's been a long time since I've seen you. Are you still working on MSICU?

Lynn said...

haha maddie is so cute. truly a girl! hope you're doing well!

JRC said...

Crazy how fast they grow up right? Remember when I had Cohen...yeah he starts pre-school on Tuesday. Madds is always adorable. I can't wait for Shya to be a Fancy Nancy.

Warner said...

now we understand when our parents try to tell us how fast it goes... it's soo true!! i love watching your blog to see what is coming up for my mia :) i can't believe maddie is already talking in sentences!! she is a doll adrienne!