A Few Reasons Why I Love My Dad:
He is genuinely kind and loving to everyone
His knees are blown but he still rips it up on the tennis and bball courts
He cares about his family and always calls to get the scoop on our lives
Simple things give him great pleasure- shaved ice, diving into his pool, Pellegrino
Growing up, no matter how busy he was, he was never too busy for us
He makes his kids want to be better just by being himself
He is the ultimate creator of fun
He's dedicated to serving the Lord in whatever way he's called
He makes a mean bowl of guacamole
He's wise, generous, and trustworthy, and always seems to know just what to say to make it all better
He has a special spot for Maddie in his heart and loves to talk to me about how brilliant she is
He doesn't care if she steals his Cheetos then wipes her fingers all over his white shirt (see Miss Cheeto face below)
There's no reason not to love him!
p.s. Watch Glenn Beck on Fox News Channel weekdays at 2pm, or DVR it like we do. If you are concerned with the moral decay of our country, biased mainstream media, corrupt polititians, etc., etc., I think you'll like his approach to restoring America by learning from our Founding Fathers and restoring the Constitution.
6 comments:
This is so sweet.
I haven't commented in a long time! But I still read :)
I love that my father is such a great example of service in our family. All growing up he was taking food and necessary/needed items to people in the ward, widows, single sisters, friends. I loved taking baskets to families in need around the holidays, but he wasn't generous only during that time. He is always inviting people to their home for "family" dinners and celebrations. His generosity has inspired me to be giving and to know that family isn't limited to only blood relations but our entire community.
Hey! I sent you an email with my comment because it was so long. Hope it helps!!
By the way, we LOVE Glenn Beck. I think he has such a great perspective. And I love that he slyly throws in gospel principles :)
ugh. i am speaking this sunday too and am having such a hard time! when I started to "serious date" in college. I would call my dad and give him the full run down of the guy. My dad always knew if he would be bad news or not somehow! one of his talents that came in handy!
I was going leave a comment anyways saying that I agree on all of the things that you said about your Dad. He's a great guy and Chuck and I love him. Since you're offering a giveaway, I guess I'll help you. J/K. But I love that my dad never really had to come out and tell us what to do growing up. It was mostly by his example that we truly learned what was right.
P.S. You're going to do great on Sunday. Miss you.
You have already given your talk so I won't gove any input, but I agree with everything you said about your dad, we love him too! Tom Papa is the best.
Heck, all the things you said about your dad are why I love him too. I wish he was my dad. Mark
Post a Comment