Wednesday, March 24, 2010

House Hunting

Got back Sunday from a fun weekend with the hubs. I flew into San Francisco so my part time lover and I could go on a much needed date. We went to Fisherman's Warf, Aquarium of the Bay, took a taxi through the crazy streets of San Fran, (got a stomach ache), waited a couple hours to eat at a yummy restaurant (can't remember the name), got lost looking for our car, got lost trying to find the 101, got to the hotel by 2am, and spent lots of $$$ in the process! I decided I'm intimidated by the city and need someone who appreciates it to show me the ropes! I'm happy I don't have to live there though. Interesting place, but not my style.
Saturday we set out to find a place to rent. Without many options, we got a little discouraged. We found one charming little (and I mean little) home on the west side, walking distance to downtown that we love, but haven't heard back yet. We'll see. I felt bad leaving JD all alone in the Quality Inn. Poor guy misses his Maddie so bad.
Left this little cutie pie home with Papa and Grammy. She didn't miss us a bit!

She is growing up so much lately. She says "bleshew" if you sneeze, folds her arms and bows her head during prayers, colors with crayons, and even tells you when she's going poopoo. She's the luckiest little girl to have so many people around that adore her.

***So, right after I posted this, I checked my email, and guess what- the charming little house that we loved, ya, she found other "more qualified" tenants. Who's more qualified than us, seriously? I'm crushed. Oh well, back to square one.***

11 comments:

Sarah Tayebi said...

Oh man, you should have called my sister. she gives excellent Tayebi Tours. Good luck with the house hunt.

Adrienne said...

You're so right. I'll definitely remember that for next time.

Barb said...

I am so jealous you are going to be living in SF! That's where I grew up. You need to check out Santa Cruz. You are going to love living there (expcept for the fog). I miss it.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Maddie is sooo cute and you know how I say I'm SO done having babies... well that Maddie girl makes me yearn for another girl really really badly.
I'm still done though :).
Hurry and find a house and move close.

Erin said...

home looking is the pits. we are currently doing that and its so discouraging!

Nicki said...

I have a friend who just moved from SF to Texas. I'll see if she knows of some good places to live where there are more young families too. It seems like there were tons of young dental-student-wives while she was there. Good luck!

I'm loving the pigtails on your little lady! what a doll!

Sharon & George said...

A G.P.S. system is the absolute answer to city confusion. Maddie is so lovely. Pappa and Grammy are surely going to miss her when you leave. Hope you find an apartment/house that is more perfect for your family.

shira said...

Good luck finding a place! It was great seeing you the other day, you're little girl is too adorable!

Michelle said...

Hi! I am Nicki's friend from college. We just moved to Texas after six years of living in San Francisco. We LOVED our time there, and I hope you will too. Are you wanting to live in the city, or in a suburb? What is bringing you to SF? (work? school?)
My email is michellebird27@gmail.com
Feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Happy moving! :)

Burnhams said...

Good luck with the house hunting!!! My little sis and her husband will be out there later this summer. You should totally get together. What a fun city!

Bek said...

i'll show you the freakin' ropes alright! tayebi tours NEVER disappoints! seriously call me next time. xoxo