Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Did Anyone Else...

Wear green today out of the fear of being pinched? I mean, come on, who's really gonna pinch a grown woman. But I wore it anyway. And I dressed my baby in the only green shirt she owns. (Good thing it's 80 degrees!) We packed a lunch and headed down to the park for a picnic. I couldn't help but chuckle at all the moms wearing green right along with their kids. And I was right there with them. What happens to us when we turn into moms? We thrive on doing nerdy things cuz we can get away with it.


We had a lovely day making green ice cream, looking for four leaf clovers, and giving plenty of kisses (even though I don't think we have an ounce Irish blood...maybe Maddie does?). We sure do miss daddy all week though. I'm going up there this weekend to find us a place to live. Wish us luck!

Happy St. Patty's Day!

5 comments:

Sharon & George said...

Happy St. Patricks day!

Josh and Megan said...

I wore green...I had to...I teach Kindergarten! Sav wore it too...Josh did not. He's a party pooper and got pinched! I am glad you wore green...next year you will have to dye all your food green just because that is what moms do!

Sarah Tayebi said...

I really miss you these days adrienne! I wish I were there hanging out with you and Maddie.

Alex and Jane said...

I definitely wore green, and Alex got a good hard pinch for not wearing it. We had all things green and I loved every minute of it. Being a mom is the best!!

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Oh my gosh. I am such a nerd! I totally wore green and even asked Jake when I came down for breakfast..."Youre not wearing green??" WOW! He looked at me like...."No, pretty sure I don't need to wear green on St. Patricks Day anymore!" Yes, the things we do because we are moms. Although I may have gotten pinched all day long by my little rugrats! Love it!