Saturday, July 4, 2009

"Quirky, Charming, Vivid, Witty"

Read this! I just finished it and absolutely loved it. It is a story about the tiny English Channel island of Guernsey during World War II. It's written entirely in letters, and it is definitely one of the most charming books I've read in a while. It made me want to pick up some classics and join a bookclub.
"Reading good books ruins you for enjoying bad ones"
-Isola (The most eccentric character in the book :)

6 comments:

Jane said...

I'll return The Shack if you let me borrow that next. I need a really light, fun book.

Erin said...

im so excited! I'm totally going to go out and get that book! thanks, always looking for a new read!

Justin + kelly said...

I LOVED that book!! It was so clever in the letters back and forth, extremely well written, and you cant help but totally love the characters! Im glad you loved it too!

Josh and Megan said...

Thanks for suggestion...I'll get on that soon...ha ha...this is one area we are so not alike in!

Sabrina and Matt said...

I've heard great things about this book! I'll have to read it!

Cindy and Rob said...

Hey there. Thanks for posting this. I went out the next day and brought the book and loved it.. I love your blog. Your little girl is stunning.