What a joyful Mother's Day it was for me. Not only was I showered with love and affection by my husband and daughter, sent flowers at work (yes, I started working one night a week again), given lovely gold sandals, and fed my favorite- breakfast for dinner, but all day I secretly reveled in my own motherhood. I've been thinking about last year's Mother's Day, and all of the grief I was going through at that time because I wanted to be a mother so bad. When I think about the patience and gratitude that I gained from my experiences, I know that it was pain with a purpose. Like labor pains. Having to wait, wish, and pray for my miracle has truly made it all the more sweeter for me. I love being a mother so much. There's nothing better in the whole world.

I love the feeling of my baby's body relaxing against mine. I love the way she stares up at me after she's nursed. I love kissing her irresistable cheeks and squeezing her chubby thighs. It's so fun to watch her grow and learn new things every day. I can't wait to dress her up all cute for the day and take her places. She's my little buddy. I love our conversations- her little words melt my heart. I love that she is so serious, but I love her smiles so much more. I love that she is healthy and strong, and determined to get what she wants. I love that she always clings to my shirt, making it hard for me to put her down. I love that she's making me a better person. Most of all, I love that she's mine and that I get her forever.
5 comments:
That was beautiful. Maddie is lucky to have a mommy like you and we're so blessed to have Maddie in the family. I'm glad you had a beautiful mother's day. I love you.
That made me tear up! We're so glad that you are a mommy also! You are a great one, with a wonderful little girl. XOXO
You are such a great mom Adrienne and always so sweet. Maddie is a lucky little girl to be so loved.
You really do seem like such a great mom! This post is exactly how I feel about Lyla, even down to the same mannerisms that you described. Maddie is a lucky girl to have you as her mother!
Happy Mother's Day! Being a mom really is amazing huh! We are excited for you guys to move down here! What exactly is JD going to be doing?? When do you move??
Post a Comment