Saturday, February 21, 2009

Little One Update

Hi everybody. I have a few minutes to blog! It's amazing to me how all consuming a newborn is. Especially one that is very gassy and loves to be held all the time. Anyways, I just got back from the gym and should be showering right now, but I'm gonna try to post this real quick. I've figured out that Maddie will sleep in her car seat, so by going to the gym, it's likely that she'll get a nap in the morning. She was starting to wake up when I got home, so I started the dryer, put her car seat on top, and that's where she is right now, sleeping like a baby :).
Last week was filled with family and taking care of baby. My in-laws came into town to hang out with Maddie and help take care of me. We had a busy first couple of days and then some relaxing days doing nothing but meeting the little one's many needs.
Maddie loves her Grandpa and Grandma White.
Thanks so much for EVERYTHING!
Yesterday I was alone all day and night with the baby. She didn't feel good, and I had my first day of real mommy worry. She had a tummy ache, wasn't eating very much, was really tired, and was just not being herself. Needless to say I called the pediatrician, gave her anything I could to try to make her feel better, called my friend Kyley, the pediatric nurse, and cried to whoever would listen. Last night she started to feel better, so it was a good night.
My tired baby.
This was a few days ago. I took her to Bunco and she slept pretty much the whole time. I was so nervous, but she was a little angel.

I'm amazed by how fast Maddison's changing and growing. She's growing out of her newborn clothes, but most of the 0-3 months are still too big. So we have nothing to wear. Oh well, it's not like we go anywhere :). Last night I was mesmerized watching her sleep. She looked so peaceful and precious, and so much older. I'm torn because I want her to stay little, but I'm looking forward to getting through this tough newborn adjustment stage!

4 comments:

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

You're a wonderful mommy and she is lucky to have you. Wish I was there to help out. Love you.

Erin said...

im totally going to use the dryer idea!!! smart thinking!!! glad maddie is doing better!

Jessica said...

The newborn stage is hard, but you are right, it is fun to cherish them when they are so small. Hang in there!

Brandon and Erin said...

so glad I got to visit with you and meet her! I hope my kids weren't too rambunctious for you! You are doing great...she is beautiful:)