January 26, 2009
6:25am
8 pounds 8 ounces
19 inches
I went into labor on Sunday night about midnight, but was kinda in denial that it was actually the real thing. Contractions were regular and getting closer together, but I didn't realize she was really coming until my water broke at around 3am. Right after that the contractions were intense and coming right on top of eachother. I started spouting out orders to JD to gather stuff up and get the car ready. In between contractions I moved from ground to bed to ground to couch to car and barely made it. When we got to the hospital, luckily only minutes later, I was dilated to a 7 or 8, definitely in transition, and was ready to push within an hour! It all went so fast, we barely had any time to practice what we'd learned in our Bradley classes. JD did a great job at coaching my breathing and just being there. My midwife was amazing and there supporting me the whole time. I pushed for 2 long hours, and then she was born. Miraculous. Still don't know how in the world it happens. It was so amazing and perfect. Just the experience we wanted.
Skin to skin. Ahhh, feels so good!
Daddy is in love with this little princess.
She loves to be all bundled up.
Such a little gooney face. A rare moment at the hospital...Maddie with her eyes open. She was a little spitfire. All the nurses said she went from zero to 60. She'd be sleeping one minute, then beat red and screaming unconsolibly the next. Her mama's scent and familiar voice was the only thing that could bring her down. She wasn't sure that it was ok to be awake in this strange world. She's calming down much better at home.
We had some lovely visitors come see us at the hospital. Thanks everyone for coming.
Auntie Jane and Grandma White came of course too. I'll have to steal some of their pictures cuz JD didn't get any on my camera. What a bum.
Getting ready to leave the hospital.
All bundled up and ready to go!
Valentine's PJs- She was supposed to be my February baby.
Daddy carrying her out to the car.
Going home!

But she was so happy and content to be clean and in her jammies.
By the way, here's her nursery. Almost done! She loves taking naps in her crib already. That's where she is right now! We had a relaxing, peaceful day yesterday getting used to eachother. Our first night at home was awesome. I actually got more sleep than I have in the last three nights combined. I'm enduring some serious engorgement at the moment, but besides that I feel great and life couldn't be more perfect :). Thanks for caring!
This was her immediate reaction to her first bath.
51 comments:
She's beautiful Adrienne! You look great!
AAAHHHH!!! We are so happy to see pictures FINALLY! She is adorable. I think her and Briggs look very similiar. They are definately going to be little buddies. We can't wait to see her in person. Adrie, you look amazing!!! WE are SO happy for you guys. Much love!!!!!
What a BEAUTIFUL baby! Congrats! :]
I am so excited for you and sad that I'm not there to see that beautiful girl(S)!
So right when we got off the phone with you I called you again b.c I was meaning to call rebekah and tell her to look at the adorable pictures! I am so so excited for you.
Your gunna be such a good mommy! im so proud of you!!! i love that little one already!
congrats guys! glad everything went well. she is darling. i can't wait to see her.
I am feeling such over welming love for your little family. I feel like I want to cry I am so thankful for such great kids and a beautful, perfect baby Maddie. I am so happy. Love, Dad
Congratulations! She is beautiful! Can't wait until we get to meet her!
This post made me cry (not 'cause of my prego hormones) because we love you two so much and we're so proud of you. YOU DID IT ADRIE!!!!!
I KNEW YOU WOULD. I can't believe you pushed for 2 hours. You are AMAZING. You look fabulous, and so so so happy. Can you tell how badly I want to be there right now? Give her a big kiss for Kamryn and me, and uncle Eric. She is perfect!!!!!
Congratulations! It sounds like it went really well! You look gorgeous Adrienne and Maddison is so beautiful!
Oh Adrienne! COngratulations!!! Maddison is beautiful! We are so happy for you guys!
Yay!!! I have been checking your blog everyday! I'm so glad that everything went so well. You both look great. Mommyhood looks good on you!
Congrats! We are so happy for your guys. Your family is growing by the minute it seems.
She is SO beautiful Adrienne! Thank you so much for posting all these awesome pictures! I can't believe you pushed without an epideral for TWO hours. Wow. You are super woman! Congratulations on your sweet girl. I can't wait to see her next time you guys are down here.
YAY!
congrats adrie!!!
we are so excited for you!
sounds like an amazing experience..
i loved bradley..........knowledge is power..... great job!
give her lots of loves from us!!! -J
She is such an angel! What an awesome family -- enjoy every moment. Can't wait to see you all. Sending our love....
Yay! Congrats Adrie! You look fabulously happy and your little one is absolutely adorable!
I am so excited for you! You are so brave, I still can't believe you did it all natural! She is so beautiful, Congrats!!
Congratulations you guys! She is beautiful! My advise to you would be to not worry about anything else in the world and just enjoy your sweet little new born! I wish I could go back to when my first was born, those first few months of motherhood are amazing. (Do I sound like a weirdo?) Anyway, congrats!
Oh my goodness she is soooo cute! Congrats Adrienne, hope you are enjoying every minute of being a new mom!
You did it girl! I'm so proud of you! She is beautiful and so are you! Call me any nursing questions and we'll get my mom on the phone. She is truly a miracle worker!
Congrats! Great job Adrie! We are dying to see her. I'm jealous of Katey! Love and hugs!!!
so cute! she is gorgeous! congratulations! So glad that everything is going so well!!! Enjoy every minute they grow soooooo fast!!! :)
I'm in tears! This is Rachel ( Sam's friend that got to talk to you on the phone). I'm so happy for you more than you know. It's great to see you having her in your arms and no more worries. Congratulations!!!! She's adorable and you look amazing. :)
Rachel Barker
Yay! I'm seriously been checking EVERY day to see if you had her. She's beautiful. We're so happy for you. We hope to be able to meet her in person soon!
We are so excited for you! I did cry reading your post! You all look so happy and she is sooo beautiful! Thanks for sharing this sweet experience with us.
what a beautiful baby girl! I am so excited for you and am sure you are loving every moment of the precious little one. I am so glad you posted...I had been checking ever since we got a text that morning! Congratulations! I am coming up in Feb and want to come by and meet her!!
Adrienne! She is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations on being a mommy! I am so excited for you guys! Hope everyone is healthy and well...you all look great! Yay! She is finally here :)
Yay! Yay! Yay! I'm so glad baby Maddie is here! She is so cute and you guys look so happy. Congratulations!
Oh, the mothering tears...
I can't wait to meet her!
I am seriously SOOO happy for you. You and JD are going to be great parents. It just seems like we were at bunco and you were still prego and now she is here and you are already on your way to recovering. I coudn't be more happy for you two. She's freaking adorable. Let me know when I can bring you dinner and come see you guys again.
more pictures, more pictures, more pictures!!! You realize that you have two big jobs now- doting on Maddison every minute she is awake and posting pictures and info about her every minute she is asleep! I seriously can't wait to hear about the joy she brings to you and JD.
Yeah! Congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! So happy for you! Her nursery is so dang cute too!
What a little doll! So darling. Glad all is well and you're home safe and sound. Hang in there the next week or so-it takes some getting used to:)
Hey Adrie,
Congratulations! She really is adorable. I did get an email and I have your address it's taking me a few days to get mailed off but it should be there early next week. Hopefully Monday. I thought that I had a few more days to get it off but you went and had her early. How dare you! Can't wait to make you more adorable pettiskirts, and I included a surprise in your package. Really exciting. Can't wait to see her in it.
OH CONGRATULATIONS ADRIENNE!!!! sHE IS JUST PERFECT!!
Congratulations you two! (Now three!!) Maddison is so beautiful, and Adrienne, you look great!
oh my gosh! i haven't checked your blog lately because i totally expected you to have your baby in february too :) wow what a lucky mommy to go so early! She is beautiful and so are you! also i LOVE the name... our little maddie has brought so much joy to our lives and i can see that yours is already doing that too :) have fun with her... rest... enjoy the big boobies... and know that it's a rollercoaster of emotions, but all worth it! love ya!
Congratulations Adrienne! I am so excited for you. Did you deliver at AF? She is so adorable.
Congratulations! I remember before we moved when she was just a little belly bump. It's Sooooooo exciting that she if finally here!
I see that I am the last to know. We just got back from Mammoth and I could hardly wait to see her.
She is BEAUTIFUL Adrienne. Just like you. You look amazing. You are such a beautiful mommy.
Congrats to you all. Give Maddie a hug for us.
seriously she is beautiful! she totally looks exactly like you! Congrats to you and JD! How fun to be a mommy and daddy now! You are so lucky that you dilated so quickly!
Can't wait to see her again...and your nursery! It looks good!
She is so beautiful! Just like her mother! I am glad things are going so smoothly for you. Let me know if you ever need a break!!! Emma wants a baby!
this is really sweet. congrats again. babies make life beautiful. you will make an excellent mommy.
Congrats Adrienne! She is darling...and Im so happy for you! Plus you look beautiful:) I hope you keep getting the sleep you need!
Congrats!! Man you are one tough girl!! Lucky that your labor was so short even though you did push for 2 hours (which really isn't that uncommon for your first). She is absolutely adorable and you are the prettiest post-partum mom I've ever seen :) I can't wait to talk to you.
Wow...she is gourgeous! And what a great story! I am amazined how quickly it went for you!! I agree with your friend...you do look beautiful too! You wont be seeing any pics of me for a good while! :)I am in love with her nursery!! No wonder she sleeps soo great in that crib...you can just feel the peace in that room. I still need to see if you have any of your cute outfits for sale...if so I will get your address and mail you some money and make you send clothes home with your mom to give my mom for us!!! :) Get lots of good rest with that first one...and enjoy those naps with her on your chest! I love those!
congrats you two! she is a beautiful baby! This gives me hope that I can do it too!! :) so, would you suggest no epidural? enjoy this time together as a little family. this just got me so excited. congrats again!!!
Congratulations you guys! We're so happy for you.
Congratulations Adrienne! She came early didn't she!? You lucky duck! I thought I would be okay just checking now, figuring you had to have her by now, but man have I been missing out! She is already 2 weeks old! Time flies. Well, you have a beautiful baby, and a beautiful family (and a beautiful nursery might I add! I love it!) Have fun being a mommy! I will be thinking of you when I am up at night. Just know that you are not alone! :)
Post a Comment