Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Feeling Loved

Two weekends ago my lovely parents drove up and brought us the baby furniture I bought down in CA and all the things I wasn't able to bring up from my shower. It was like Christmas. (Literally- I told them they didn't have to worry about us for Christmas because they brought it early!) My dad was the project man, and we were his helpers. We got so much done! We were also able to hang out alittle in between working. So here's a sneak peak into the nursery...
Mainly we hung the shutters and chandelier, built shelves for more storage in the extra room, and put together furniture. Here's the bare bones. Now all it needs is some color! The bedding, some curtains, and of course stuff on the walls will help with that. The room is really small and oddly shaped, but I think it's turning out pretty good so far.There's nothing better than mail that's not junk mail or bills. I love getting anything, but surprise packages are the BEST! Yesterday there was a mysterious package on my doorstep from two of my favorite people in the world. Look what I found inside! I love it all. Thanks so much Sam and Kami!

Last weekend my best friends from high school came to Park City for a girls weekend. It was so fun to stay up all night and catch up. They are amazing and I love each one of them for different reasons. We continue to stay close year after year, and I'm so grateful for our special friendship and all the experiences we've had that bring us close together. They were so cute with my growing belly. They were all alittle weirded out, amazed at the miracle of it all, and so excited to meet this little person soon. They can't wait to be "Aunties" and even decorated onesies for her.
Saturday we were very distracted by the fire in Yorba Linda and waited apprehensively for our families to call and give us updates. It was crazy that we were all together, and even crazier that each one of our families were evacuated throughout the course of the day. It was nice to have eachother to lean on when we were so far from the tragedy happening back home. So, unlike our usual, we didn't take very many pictures. Here's one cute one of all the girls. Can't wait for the Christmas party!



6 comments:

Emily said...

I love the nursery--it looks so cute!! I can't wait to see it with all the linens. The girls weekend looked like it was so much fun--I'm jealous, wish I could have been there! Have I told you how gorgeous you are pregnant?

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

The nursery looks great even with the bare minimum. I'm so glad you liked your package, because Kami and I had SO much fun picking it out for her cousin. We miss you, do we really have to wait for christmas. Love you.

Leah said...

Your nursery looks great!

Erin said...

so fun that you stayed so close to all your HS girlfriends! The baby's room is adorable! I love it! Can't wait to see it finished and I looove the chandelier! Your little girl and my little boy have a matching outfit, the red and pink striped sweater onesie, ours has the blue striped one!

Warner said...

i love your nursery so far! so much fun... i am down in yorba linda right now getting my bedding made... i think getting the room put together is my favorite part of the whole pregnancy :) Have you picked out a name yet? We are going with Mia June :) you are such the cute pregnant girl... of course i new you would be! it's crazy to see all the fire stuff going on.. such a blessing that our home ward didn't have any major losses... i saw the houses burned today and it is so sad! it seemed to back up right to your parents house... were they freaking out?... well hope all is well and i hope you didn't get to bored as i blabbed on :)

Unknown said...

IT WAS GREAT TO SEE YOU LAST NIGHT. YOU JUST LOOK WONDERFUL!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! WELL HERE IS MY BLOG ADDRESS jergs.blogspot.com