Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Camera Thief

Things have been really slow at work the past few weeks. Yesterday I didn't even have a patient all day. I got to do "odd jobs" for almost 12 hours, including cleaning out the supply room, dusting and cleaning all the computers, and even finding sayings/ quotes to put up in the bathrooms. All very important tasks, I know, but it made for a very long day in the ICU. Today I was signed up to work an extra shift, a rarity for me, but I knew they would call me off. So, I had a relaxing day all planned out.

I slept in til 8:30, and when I woke up I was able to read my book on how in the world I'm going to birth this baby. I did the pregnancy exercises I'd just read about, made myself a hearty breakfast of eggs, a bagel and chocolate milk, and was ready to sit down and get to some serious blogging when I couldn't find my camera anywhere. ***Side note- My stupid, ancient laptop just shut off. I can't wait to chuck this thing off the side of a building very soon. Hurry up Thanksgiving sales!*** Anyways, for those of you who know my camera, you know it's huge and hard to miss. I searched high and low, but it was no where to be found. I finally called my husband, who has never before had a need for it, and he fessed up to stealing it this morning. Ahhh! He put a serious ripple in my blogging plans for today. So I'm posting this as a disclaimer to check later on tonight when the thief gets home. I've got lots of fun pictures and things to talk about.

View from Yorba Linda Blvd

Have you heard about the fires in Southern California? Well, just to let you know if you haven't, Yorba Linda, the beautiful city I grew up in was one of the main places that was burning. My family along with basically all of my friend's families were evacuated from their homes on Saturday. It was terrifying for everyone involved as the winds carried the uncontrollable fire dangerously close to hundreds of houses. Many people lost their homes (113 residences were destroyed and 50 damaged) including some very good friends. My heart aches for them at this time for their loss, but I am also filled with gratitude for the homes that were spared and that no one was hurt.


For those of you who are from YL or close by and haven't looked a photos, click here and click on photos. It looks so surreal.

Well, I better get going before I waste the day away. I'm headed to 24 Hour to swim because I found out I have tendonitis in my left foot and the doctor says I'm not allowed to run or walk anymore. I have to wear a boot for a couple weeks. Guess it's my body's way of telling me to stop pounding it with all the extra weight! I'm a complete gimp now, and totally bummed because I miss walking in the mornings with the girls and I feel really good still. Oh well. Pictures later!

3 comments:

Elysse said...

Hey Adrienne:

Mike Margol (who went to EHS with us) took some amazing person photos. Here's a link to his online portfolio:

www.coroflot.com/MDM

Hope your house in YL is safe. Unfortunately, our old house has been damaged (we remodeled the kitchen before we sold it!) but our new one is fine.

--Elysse Espiritu

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've been missing you lately...you haven't blogged in awhile. I'm sad about your foot :( I've been doing prenatal Yoga lately, and it is awesome. You should try it. Can't wait to see you in a week! Hurray!

Erin said...

so sad about the fires. Glad to hear your family is ok it seems! so sad to hear about all the families in the stake whose houses burned down! Your poor foot, at least you can swim...i would die for a swimming pool so i could feel light as a feather! I dont get how you are so prego and work on your feet all day, amazing!