Over the weekend we went camping at Payson Lakes. The Johnson's met us up there Friday night for a bonfire. We made foil dinners that turned out pretty yucky (well ours did at least), but made up for them by eating plenty of s'mores. Aaron and Jenny had to be somewhere early in the morning, so they left us there to camp by ourselves. I'll just say we were pretty envious of them in the wee hours of the morning. We froze our butts off! It was fun, but not a very good night's sleep.


It was so pretty the next day as we thawed out. The Runia's came up for the day to fish and hang out at the lake.
They brought their sweet blow up boat, but didn't have much luck with the fishing. Oh well, we still had fun. We were planning on having some more friends come up Saturday night, but decided we'd all be freezing and miserable, so we went home and slept like babies in our nice warm bed.
3 comments:
Every time I think camping and Payson Lakes I think cold. I have only been camping their once, but it was cold the whole week. We heated rocks in the fire and wrapped them in towels and put them in the bottom of our sleeping bags to try and stay warm. It sort of worked, but you had to be careful not to get your rock too hot or you'd burn through your towel and start a fire and stuff-which someone in my tent did. I am glad you had fun though and that you survived. it is really pretty up there.
oh fun! I used to go there for girls camp and it was always a good time. you look so cute and I love your little prego belly starting to pop out!
I know this isn't about your post but I have been wanting to say congrates to you for so long... I am so excited that you are having a little baby girl! She is going to be gorgeous! Good luck with everything... you are going to be such a sweet mom!
Post a Comment