Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cry Baby


Lately I have been so emotional. I know it's probably just because I'm pregnant, but it's so funny that I find myself tearing up about EVERYTHING. When I look at everyone's blogs, especially ones with pictures of babies, I cry. When I think about people I love and the things some of them are going through, I cry. When I'm driving to work and a sappy song comes on, I cry. When I'm at work and my patient's family starts crying, I cry. When I feel my baby move, I cry! In fact I'm holding back tears right now for no reason! Haha. What the heck. Sometimes I think I need to get a hold of myself, but most of the time I just don't even worry about it and I let myself feel how I feel. Poor JD.

Anyways, I've been working everyday the last week, but I promise one of these days I'll post my latest pictures. Yesterday I transferred both of my patients out, so I got to leave work early and go to the BYU game. It was so fun to hang out with our friends, but I honestly felt alittle out of place there. It was also very hot, the game was slow, and I had to unbutton my jeans for the first time. Yep, the belly's growing. It's weird being so out of control with my body growing. I've pretty much had the same body for a long time, and I have to admit it's a little freaky experiencing the change. But it's amazing and wonderful at the same time because I know my baby's growing inside me. I'm so happy right now, so don't think the tears are sad ones. They just happen.

7 comments:

malia said...

when i was pregnant, i would watch a baby story and sob the entire time! those hormones!

{Amanda G} said...

I was an emotional basket case! I would cry one second and then be angry the next! At least you are consistent with your emotions. I always told Kirk that he had to experience something with our pregnancy so I guess he got my emtional roller coaster! I am sure JD is being a champ.
And yeah the whole body changing thing is an experience in itself, but you look amazing and it will all go back. We are so happy for you!!!

Cherie said...

This blog was TOO funny. We got a good laugh. Pregnancy is quite the experience for all involved. I'm sure you're doing great, especially still working, you're my hero. If it's any consolation the amnesia hits pretty fast when you stare at that cute little face!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

I couldn't listen to a Carrie Underwood song without ruining my makeup. Seriously our husbands deserve a medal for dealing with the hormones.
We miss you Adrie, wish you were here.

Taylor Family said...

I know what you are going through. I think that they were ready to kick me out of my work by time I had Emma. I sent some books home with Raelene for you to read so make sure you get them from her. They all made me feel a little more normal about all of the changes my body was going through. And as always, I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Our EyreLife said...

Yes, crying is a part of the whole process. I used to go hide in the shower and just SOB SOB SOB for no reason. Dustin would come in and say, "What's wrong!?" and I'd just say, "I'm just pregnant! That's all!" And it was the truth.

It's alright to cry. Don't worry about trying to get hold of yourself...just make sure JD is holding you! :) Hang in there! It's all worth it!

Erin said...

hillarious! i cry a lot also! and lucky you just unbuttoning your pants...i started that awhile ago! get belly bands though, then you dont need to get maternity clothes! I looooove mine from isabella and ingrid