Welcome to the world baby Savannah Kate Chase! My best friend Megan finally had her baby on July 21st. She was 9 days overdue, but worth the wait. She is absolutely adorable and such a good baby. We're so proud of our friends. You did it guys!
Josh, the proud daddy.

About a week old. Isn't she a doll? I'm so glad they can tell us about all the wonderful (and warn us about the not so wonderful) things that come with pregancy, labor and delivery, and parenting! They'll be experts in 6 months.
***Just a little update with our baby: I had my 14 week appointment today and everything looks great. He found the heartbeat right away (I wasn't too worried about that cuz my friend Brandie and I found it two nights ago ourselves at work :). According to their scale I haven't gained a pound, although it sure feels like it. I'm starting to feel better. Yesterday I was even able to run a few miles and eat zucchini and squash from our garden! Amazing!
Last week I went to the BYU Football Women's Clinic with my friend Krista and a few of her friends. We had a blast. We got to tour the stadium, locker room, media tower, etc. We also got to meet the players and coaches and look like a bunch of girls doing drills out on the field. They were video taping us and I know they'll get a good laugh out of that.
Me in the showers, ooh la la.

Me and Bronco. He's so awesome :)

Krista and her cousin with Bronco

Harvey Unga. Expecting great things from this one this season.

The group in the media tower.

Last Friday we got to hang out with JD's cousin Laura and her husband Caleb in Midway. It was so fun catching up with them and hearing about their life at Harvard Medical School. Yes, he is pretty dang smart. Laura is pregnant and due about a month before me so we had lots to chat about.

Saturday we headed up to Idaho for the famous Preston Night Rodeo. We stopped in Logan Canyon for a little hike.

All summer I've wanted to go camping, so we were planning on going up Friday night, but I waited too long to reserve a spot and they were all full! JD refused to just go find a spot in the backwoods with me, so it didn't happen, but I made him promise me we'd go in September.

Cute Johnny enjoyed the hike more than Jane did cuz he was safe on Alex's back and far away from the TWO SNAKES we spotted along the way! I'm pretty sure if he wasn't there, Jane would've been :).


Check this guy out. I couldn't believe the pounding these cowboys take. But what was even more terrifying was the bull riders! Those bulls are massive and could crush a man with one stomp! I'm definitely not used to the rodeo scene as I was tempted to cover my eyes too many times.
My favorite event was the mutton busters. It's little teeny tiny kids holding on to bolting sheep for dear life. One little girl got rammed into the metal gate so hard, and I was worried about her life, but there she was, still refusing to let go! I guess they raise their women to be tough from the start!
Johnny was so good the whole time. Alex can't wait to get him into mutton busting.
All of us.
The boys on the hunt for food.
All in all it's been a pretty fun second half of July. I've got to go to work tonight, and then we leave for Lake Powell! I can't wait to spend a week with my family and in-laws. Then I get to go to CA for a few days for Sean's reception and to hang out with my mom. All that and I'm only missing 3 days of work. What a good life I have.
8 comments:
You've been busy! Looks like heaps of fun!
geeze sooo much fun with them! jane looks so hot! johnny is sooo adorable. James did the whole bullriding thing and broke his arm, obviously it's a bad idea! glad you are feeling better and that you have gained a pound! YAY!
Hey we miss you guys! I hope you'll save some time to go camping with us in September. We're excited to be back. By the way is your friend Krista in your pictures from Logan?
wow! You guys have been busy! Looks like a lot of fun!
Congratulations on the baby news!!! (of course it was Megan that told me) So I saw your blog on the Chase blog and had to see what you guys are up to..wow what a busy summer, it looks like you're having a blast. It was good to see you at the crazy crazy layers sale. Hope you are feeling well during your pregnancy.
Adrienne, are you saying I'm afraid of snakes?
I got your text tonight! Congratulations! Your little girl is going to be beautiful. I can't wait to get together - hopefully sometime soon. P.S. I totally know Alex . . . he went to my High School! What a crazy coincidence!
i was wondering if i could get your address to send you something. you can email it to me at emlow07@gmail.com
Post a Comment