
...with gratitude. That's the way I feel right now at 3am sitting here at work, just thinking. As I've read your comments and talked to you about our baby news, I've just been overwhelmed that so many people care about this and are celebrating with us. Whether you know what this past year has been like for us or not, I've felt genuine love, concern and excitement through your words and prayers. I just feel so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life. Just because blogging has taken the place of journaling for me, (and because some of you asked), I'll write about the past few months.
Where to start? I guess I'll just start at the beginning and try to make it brief, sparing some details, but I want you to understand how truly filled with gratitude I am to be over 12 weeks pregnant. About a year ago this month JD and I decided we were ready to start our family. I got pregnant right away, and about a week after we found out, I miscarried. Now I know it's a common thing, but for anyone that has to go through it, it's a terrible experience. What little time I had to think about the tiny life growing inside me was enough to change the way I viewed myself, and when it was gone I felt very empty. Just as I was starting to feel like myself again, I fell pregnant for the second time in November. I was thrilled but very tentative. My worst fear became reality when I lost that one too. It was all too familiar, and I was done being sad, done feeling empty. I could only fake a smile when everyone in my world was pregnant and having babies. I got a taste of what it's like to wait on the Lord and struggle to trust in Him when I knew that my desire was righteous. It's the hardest thing in the world to be patient when it's not in your nature. After months of frustration and alot of praying (thank you family) a miracle happened.
My cycles were going over 40 days, and many of you know how LONG that feels when you're keeping track, and it seemed like my body was messed up from the miscarriages and I wasn't ovulating. I was ready to try anything, and was about to take something that would start my cycle over, but I figured I should probably take another pregnancy test just to make sure. I was shocked beyond shocked when it was positive. I showed JD and we stared at it from every angle forEVER. I immediately got a Dr's appointment and started taking hormones and praying like never before. I love the comfort and promises that come from a loving Father in Heaven. Even when I started spotting, I knew deep down it would be ok. I went in for an ultrasound and saw a little grain of rice and a heartbeat, and started BAWLING! It was love at first sight. Between being paranoid and sick for three months, I've been quite busy doing a whole lot of nothing! My relationship with food has been very complicated because I can't live with it, and can't live without it. I'm beginning to hate it (food). Finally I can eat some vegetables and fruits again, so if I've gained any weight so far it's due to eating fast food (so disgusting). Work has been tolerable for the most part- I've only thrown up in a patient's room once, but he was unconcious so no big deal. I cannot complain about experiencing these signs because I've asked for them for so long. So, all I can say is that I'm so happy and grateful, and I'm praying for things to continue to go well so that I can meet my little one in February. Thank you again for your support and love. It means the world.
28 comments:
Thanks for sharing, I'm so happy for you! You are in our prayers, congrats again!
congrats again...you will be amazing parents! Call if you ever want to chat. love ya!
Adrie, I'm soooo glad that you wrote this cuz there are soooo many women that have been and are going through your same challenges over the past year... but nobody really talks about it. I know this will help so many people! Your little one is soooo lucky to be sooo loved already!
I am So happy for you! Even though I had already had a baby. When I miscarried with #2 I felt awful. I totally feel your pain I know how quickly you get attached to that little life inside you. I'm so excited we are due only 1 week apart. I bawled when I saw the heartbeat too! Good Luck with everything your in my prayers! here is my blog address if you don't have it. withlovenothingisimpossible.blogspot.com
oh my!! what wonderful news. Congrats you two on a wonderful time of life. We are so happy for you. What a hard time to preceed such a great blessing, they make them that much better. Congrats again!
This seriously was about to make me cry. I seriously am SOOOO excited for you. And can't wait to see a belly on you!
Way to make us all cry out eyes out! Just Kidding! Everyone is so excited for you, I can't even tell you! I wish that you were able to tell everyone at Bunco yourself because everyone was sooo excited! But don't worry, that excitement will still be there when they see you next month!
Congratulations guys!
I'm very excited for you. I wasn't even aware you were trying. Being pregnant is truly one of the most awesome experiences. Cherish every moment. Even the ones with your head in the toilet because you forget so quickly. If there is something you want to remember write it down because you forget. If your like me it will take forever to show but then at the end you will feel as big as a house. It's hard but worth it. Take advantage and ask for help. Sleep and eat even when you don't feel like it. That sickness will go away and you'll have a relationship like never before with the foods you can eat. Sure that sickness will be replaced with hormonal outbursts, heartburn, swollen ankles, and the inabilty to bend over and touch your toes but that's what so amazing about women. We can grow a baby inside us. Stay healthy and I'm here to talk about babies. I kind of remember what it's like since Cassie's only 6 months.
Adrienne-
Nice job in putting all that into words and sharing that! I guess I am not quite as brave as you but I had a miscarriage in January and I pretty much thought my life was over so I can only imagine what going through that twice would be like. I know what it is like to dread hearing people are pregnant and having to see everyone around me with babies. But congratulations and hopefully we both have healthy babies in February! :)
Danielle
As I clicked on your page I did not think that I was going to be crying. You story is truely inspirational. Thank you for sharing Adrienne. I am so happy for you and JD. You are a terrific person inside and out and this little baby is lucky to have you as his/her mommy.
We will continue to pray for the three of you. Sending you are love and prayers.
Congratulations you guys! You guys will be some awesome parents and have most beautiful child on earth. If you ever need practice in parenting we'd be happy to send emily over when we get back. I really enjoyed your post Adrie and cried as I read. You are such a sweetheart.
That last post was anica by the way :)
we love you adrie! You are going to be the best little mommy ever! oh- try green apples. For some reason, I could always eat those when I felt sick :)
Adrienne:
Congratulations! I haven't checked blogs in while, and just got the news!! You will be an AMAZING mom!!
I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to go through that, what a blessing to be where you are now!! I am sure your family's are SO excited!
Adrienne,
A little random, I know. Nicki sent me the link to your blog and I can't even explain how I felt reading it. Brian and I are going through basically the exact same ordeal. I miscarried about 6 months ago and it was devastating. We were so thrilled when we got pregnant again right away! 8 weeks later I lost that one,too. I know you understand exactly how terrible it feels. Anyway, thank you for sharing your feelings about such a tender subject. It gives me hope to know there can still be a happy ending.
hey adrienne...i'm am so excited for you as you start your journey as a mom. It's such a blessing. everytime i look at kaden I can't believe that I conceived him...a gift from our heavenly father. I hope everything goes well for you. KIT! we're moving this thursday!
I actually do have a couple questions I wanted to ask you about everything. What is your email?? :)
adrie... you have me in tears right now!! I'm so happy for you! I cant wait to meet the mini White grain of rice!
I love you!!!!! YOU'RE GOING TO BE THE BEST MOM EVER!!! That baby is growing up in the best family!!
holy cow! congratulations! How exciting...i can't believe your going to join the mommy club :) i don't know if you knew but i think i am about the same amount of time along with my second little one:) we will be posting fat pictures together :) keep us updated... love ya!
"My relationship with food has been very complicated because I can't live with it, and can't live without it. I'm beginning to hate it (food)."
I hope you get over that real quick! Our relationship is based off food! I love you Adrie and love, love, love that you are pregnant! When are you going to come visit us?
I'm so excited for you guys!! I talked to Jess the other day and she filled me in breifly about what you've been dealing with. I didn't realize you had some losses before this pregnancy. That's so hard. I'm so sorry and SO HAPPY this ones here to stay :)
I heard from some of the bunco girls you were having a hard time; your faith and positive attitude through this whole ordeal is so inspiring. Nate and I couldn't be happier for you both! You will continue to be in our prayers. Again, congratulations!
Adrienne, thanks for sharing that. That would be SO frustrating and yes, a 40 day cycle would seem like a year. I am so happy for you two. This will be one gorgeous, lucky baby. Hope you get feeling better!
Seriously I am sooo happy for you, and so is James. that is why people should never ask others "why don't you have kids" cause soooooo many of my friends have gone through what you have! This is sooo excited and I totally cried when I read this, cause I was super happy for you guys! Congrats again!
Adrie and JD...congrats! I could not be happier for you!! I am sooo glad you shared this too. Ive had several friends in your exact same position and it just always makes my heart soo, soo sad to watch them struggle. I am so impressed with you and your faith, and so glad you have relied on it. The neat thing is that when this beautiful baby comes, you will know how strongly he (or she) is just meant to be here right now with you. What a fun and special family to be born into...that's one lucky baby...who will be completely spoiled by EVERYONE in your family! Sooo fun! Congrats!!
Oh this post made me cry! You are such a great writer and I can feel your pain, and now your joy! Congrats little Adrie. Love the pics from Lake Powell!
CONGRATULATIONS Adrienne! I haven't been blogging in forever so I didn't see your original post, but Shalice told me about 2 weeks ago and I was sooooo excited for you guys!! I am sure you couldn't be more filled with gratitude - and what a special baby you are going to have. JD and you are going to be the BEST parents - and you'll love it! We love you guys & know that you were in my prayers!
Post a Comment