Monday, June 30, 2008

I Need a Vacation

I'm sitting here at work, struggling to stay awake on my first night back, and I'm only half way done. It's amazing how slow the hours drag on from midnight to 6am. I'm actually doing better than I thought I would, considering my bedtime has been well before 10pm the past month. And what a boring month it's been! I hate feeling like the summer wasting away, but sadly that's been the truth so far for the White's. Between work, me being sick, and now JD being sick, we've barely had a chance to enjoy the outdoors and eachother. I hate to be a complainer, but I am in desperate need of some FUN in my life! The only thing that will get me through these 3 nights of work is that we're leaving for Lake Powell on Thursday. I'm dying to live in my swimsuit on a floaty and soak up the sun for hours. I need time to finish The Host and I can't wait to hang out with my family. Sometimes I wish I had a fast-forward button.

10 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Haha! Your last post was, "Where has June gone?" And in this one you say you wish you had a fast forward button. I know what you mean though. Whenever something fun is coming up it takes FOREVER! Have a fun and safe trip though. Make sure you take plenty of pictures for your blog!

KCordell said...

Lucky, I wish I was going to Powell.

brookelovesjay said...

i feel the same way you do, i've had a lame summer! and we can't even celebrate the 4th, I am spending this whole week packing pretty much by myself cuz jason is rarely home and we move all our stuff thurs. night and friday we will be unpacking and organizing. enjoy your getaway! i am planning on one too at the end of the month for 2 weeks to michigan and chicago.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

Yeah for Lake Powell. Wish I was going :) I LOVED the Host...we'll have to talk about it at our next Bunco.

Adrienne said...

Kim, you're right, I can't make up my mind. I want to fast forward work but put the sunshine in slow motion!

Erin said...

ya he is. why? ps - how are you?? when you guys coming to visit cali next??

Whitney V said...

Adrie!! I'm so glad that we can be blogging buddies now! It's fun to see what you've been up to. I hope you enjoy Lake Powell - that is the happiest place on earth!:) You'd better let me know if you're ever in the LA area so that we can get together. Miss you!!
-Whit

natalie todd said...

amen sista! We leave Friday for the Jersey Shore with Dave's fam and it can't come fast enough. my sis just read the Host... maybe I should next?!

Warner said...

that sounds like so much fun! how is the host? i have been trying to find somebody whose read it to tell me if it's worth reading... so what;s the verdict? also i was checking out eric and sam's blog and love their little girls lifejacket! i have been looking for one like that for a little bit now... what is the brand and where did they get it? hope your trip is a blast!

Eldredge greatness said...

omg.....Im so glad you are getting a break and going to powell. YOu deserve to have lots of fun. have fun soaking it up, getting tan. :) Your job is so hard! I cant imagine.