Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm a Slacker

I hate it when people don't update their blog...it's so annoying...and I'm one of them! Thanks Kim for the kick in the pants. I just have no energy and nothing to blog about when I work alot. But I realize that I don't care if someone puts a post only about folding laundry- I just love seeing something new. Speaking of folding laundry...check out this mountain I have to conquer today...not excited.But, there are a couple of things I am excited about. I finally finished scrapbooking my wedding album. It only took me almost 3 years! I'm kinda proud of it, but now I really don't have much to do on my days off. (Besides clean and grocery shop of course.) Here are a few pages:

Another thing I'm sooo excited about is that I've been trying to convince JD to do a triathlon with me so we can train together. He really hates riding bikes and hates swimming even more, but this morning while he was getting ready for work, he said that he would do a running race with me. Yay!! That's the power of persuasion ladies...Beg him to do something that he really really doesn't want to do and he'll give in willingly to something he just plain doesn't want to do. Love it. So I signed us up for the Salt Lake 10 miler on April 5th. If anyone wants to join us, just google it I guess. (I tried to make it a link, but I don't think it works- someone teach me how to do that.) Then I went a little crazy and I'll probably regret it when I have to really start training, but I signed myself up for the Telos Timp Triathalon in Orem on the 26th of April. If anyone's interested please let me know- It's just a sprint, and I need a training buddy.

Last night JD and I ate Tortellini, hung out at home, and watched American Idol. It was fun. I have to admit, I wasn't crazy about the couch at first, but I'm glad we bought it cuz it's so big and comfy. It's hard to get off it sometimes, but we realized we were lazy, so we forced ourselves to get up and go for a walk in the frigid weather.



By the way, here's the new rug. I really like it. What do you think?

Lastly, I have REALLY been missing my family lately. I've just been a little lonely, don't know why. I got to go skiing with my daddy last week and had a blast, (even though it was me and like 15 men all day- alittle awkward but way fun). I'm so looking forward to seeing Bryce and Sarah next weekend up here, and Jessie said she's gonna try to come down with her boyfriend Mike. Then, I got a plane ride home to CA for my b-day, so I'll get to hang out with my mom and dad, and I think Eric, Sam and Kami are coming down for Easter too! Bummer JD can't come, he's gotta work. But I can tell it's time to get my family fix, and I'm so lucky this month will let me see everyone!


P.S. I miss baby Johnny too. He's getting sooo big. More pictures please Jane, and can I babysit him soon please??


Adios

9 comments:

Erin said...

ew laundry! That is waiting for me at home today. A pile that size since I always wait till the last minute to do it, till james says he is in need of tshirts or g's. Geeze, if he had more clothes then we could wait forever to do laundry. men don't see it the same way! I LOVE your scrapbook! It is amazing! Who took your pics? I have done 3 pages of my wedding scrapbook but have well over 1000 pics to choose from and I just want to use all of them! And I LOVE that couch! We almost bought one exactly like it! your house is adorable!

Taylor Family said...

Good Job! What a wonderful blog. I have a HUGE laundry pile too. Also, bring that scrapbook to Bunco! I have to see it! Love the rug and I totally miss those nights of just sitting and watching t.v. with Jake. As hard as it is, enjoy them!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Adrie, I'm so happy you signed up for a triathalon - you'll love it, it's such a high finishing your race. I'm jealous. I have to do another one, we need to do one together. Oh and your house looks beautiful. Can't wait to see you. So what is your training schedule like? You need to get one of those cute triathalon outfits.

Nicki said...

Adri- I think I'm gonna sign up for the Telos triathlon... I wanted to do the Women of Steel Tri in American Fork, but it sold out too quickly. We MUST go train together (gimme about 2 more weeks to get used to my new schedule with work!). Oh yeah, and I LOVE your couch... I keep lamenting the fact that I hate our cute but not comfy couches!!

JRC said...

My neighbor and I want to train for a 1/2 marathon...maybe we can do the 10 mile one with you in April. Also I will do the triathalon with you. I've done 2 sprint ones before and I'd much rather do a triathalon than a marathon. It breaks up the race so all you can focus on is the current event. However, I only have a moutain bike...and I'd borrow my sister's but she's moving. Tell JD he doesn't have to like swimming or biking to do it, its a sense of accomplishment. And you don't even have to train to be able to finish a sprint. I am NOT a good swimmer, that's my weakest event. Oh wait...is the one you signed up for in a pool?? I might drown if its at the lake! Seriously! Cute rug! And I love all your's and JD's cute pics together...so fun!

Erin said...

yes!! thank you for the update! and i hate laundry. boo. and the scrap book is darling!!! omg - i love it!! i want to play while you are here!

Sarah said...

Adrie, I cannot believe how beautiful your house is. It's fun to actually see how you decorated- now I don't have to resort to my imagination! I'm feeling you on the homesick thing. I got a ticket to utah in april so hopefully we can go to breakfast or something- you know bek will be very possessive of my time, but she's not a morning person so I'm thinking breakfast will work!

Brett + Kristin said...

What a great and thorough update! I love the random pics and daily life the peopled blog about -- it's fun! The rug is beautiful & so big! Very nice! Enjoy your trip home - that's the best!

Leah said...

A have a MOUNTAIN of laundry, especially after vacation for 1 week! I love your scrapbook! It turned out SO cute!