Sunday, March 9, 2008

I've Been Tagged...Twice!!

Jenny tagged me to answser questions about my hubby and Nicki tagged me to write 10 random things about myself, so we'll see how far I get. (And Mom, stop reading this and go do something productive...you're obsessed :) j/k...I love that my mom calls me every day to talk about blogging. She's the best!

My answers are in black, JD's are in blue.

(Adrienne is making me do this. I don't know if I can blog and maintain my manhood, but here goes nothing...)

What is his name?
Jones Douglas White. Most people call him JD. When I first met him I was like- what kind of a name is Jones? Thats not a name, but now I kinda like it.

Adrienne Marie Lindsey White. She makes fun of my name and she is named after Rocky Balboa's lover, come on. I actually have always loved her name. It is beautiful and unique, much like the woman.


How long have you been together?
We started dating around February of 2004. We got engaged in January 2005 and married on May 20, 2005. So let's see, that's almost exactly 4 years. Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. I really have a hard time remembering how life was before JD.

Lets see, we started dating not too long after my mission, so beginning of 2004. I dont know if we were actually together, she thought we were "just friends" for a while. Then we made out and she has been hooked ever since, hahaha. We got married in May 2005, so almost three years. That is crazy!


How long did you date?
A year and a few months.

Again, this is a hard question to answer because I thought taking her out and paying for it was a date, but she claimed that was pre-dating friendship. I guess a little over a year is the answer.


How old is he?
He's getting old. 25 years old. Born in 1982. I'm always making fun of his old age and multiple injuries :).

She turned 24 in February. Good thing she looks EXACTLY the same as she did when she was 12, so you would never know that old age is sneaking up on her. Honestly, her face has not changed in at least 13 years, it is pretty amazing.


Who eats more?
His words: "I'm twice as big, I'm allowed to eat twice as much." I can hold my own when it comes to eating, but he's definitely my garbage disposal when it comes to finishing my food, esp. Cafe Rio. Let's just say that I'm never surprised when huge Costco bag of almonds that most people freeze for the year is gone in less than a week. We rarely have left overs. But the other day I was surprised when he only had one serving and said he was trying not to "be fat."

I am twice as big so I eat twice as much. I really can put it down. I love good food.


Who said I love you first?
JD. He said it mid-sentence a couple days before I was leaving for BYU Hawaii and I almost missed it because he just kept talking as if nothing had happened. I was really scared cuz I'd never told a boy that I loved him and didn't know what that all meant. It took me at least two weeks to say it back, but I think he knew I did. He's been patient with me from the beginning.

Me, with no response. That was a little akward. I really knew that I loved Adrie for a long time before I said it. I think she loved me too, she is just a little more of a thinker and had to make sure before she professed it.


Who is taller?
JD wins this one at 6'4".

Me 6'4.


Who can sing better?
Ha! Neither. We were just talking about how much money someone would have to pay us to try out for American Idol. It think it was up to like $50,000 before either of us would humiliate ourselves like that. I can just just hear Simon saying, "What the bloody hell was that?" and Paula telling us that this competition just isn't for us. Actually JD and I aren't tone deaf at least, and I love that JD can sing most hymns without even glancing at the hymn book. Cute huh.

Honestly, probably her. But that is like asking if you would rather have Obama or Hillary as President....lose lose.


Who is smarter?
I was able to get better grades cuz I worked harder in school, but JD pulled off B's doing as little as possible while enjoying life a little more...so I don't really know. It depends on what subject.

She gets better grades, I get jokes without detailed explanations.


Who does the laundry?
We both do. JD's good at starting it and I'm good at finishing it. He's always amazed by how much more I have, but he doesn't remember that he likes to wear the same thing 2+ days in a row if it's still clean. Men.

We both do, sort of. I think she should do it becasue at least 75% of the clothes are hers, no joke.


Who pays the bills?
JD pays the mortgage and all the stuff online and I usually write the checks and mail them.

I pay anyhthing that can be done online, she usually does the stuff through the mail.

Who sleeps on the right side?
I sleep on JD's right. Don't know why, just happened that way.

If you are standing at the foot of the bed facing the head, I am on the right side. Adrienne has a habit of trying to sneak onto my side of the bed to cuddle, which I sometimes have a problem with while I am asleep. Also, she stole my pillow and wont give it back.


Who mows the lawn?
We pay our HOA and somehow it gets done. One great thing about living in a condo. When we do have a yard one day I think I'll give that job to the hubby.

Neither, I have swept the back deck twice.


Who cooks dinner?
Good question. When I work we usually just scrounge for whatever or have eggs, but lately I've been trying to cook more. I got the Ivory Favorite Things cookbook which I love, so I've been using recipes from there. JD will cook every once in a while but he hates making a salad.

Ususally her, sometimes I try but she is much better at it. When she works late I try to have something ready.


Who drives?
JD- when we're going somewhere together. I know he's gonna be a grandpa driver just like my dad one day, but that's better than worrying about him.

When we are together it is always me, which I am more than happy to do. The only problem is Adrie and her jumpyness. She makes this panicked noise anytime anything remotley scary happens. Yesterday I changed lanes and she wasnt ready for it and she freaked! that is always an adventure.

Who is more stubborn?
Although we both are very stubborn, I'd have to say he is. He can be very persuasive if it's something he's passionate about.

We both are stubborn, but I take the cake.


Who asked who out first?
JD asked me out but I didn't realize it was a date. I thought we were just hanging out as friends, but I guess he was really trying to impress me cuz we went to PF Changs and saw 50 First Dates.

I asked her out first.


Who proposed?
The man, of course. It was amazing. He told me to get dressed up and pack a little bag so we could go to a nice restaurant and stay in Park City with his sister and her boyfriend at the time. So they pick us up and eventually we end up at the airport and I'm thinking, is there a nice restaurant at the airport? Well, we get out of the car, JD grabs our bags and Jane and Alex drive off. I was so confused, but we ended up getting on a plane to CA and getting picked up by a limo with like 8 dozen roses in it. We went down to Las Bresas in Laguna and he proposed in a gazebo overlooking the ocean. Pretty romantic. I said yes.

I did, and it was one of the funnest days of my life. I was so excited/nervous. It all went perfect. She said yes.


Who has more friends?
I have more friends from highschool, BYU and work, but I think JD has more friends here in Utah. Now we share a lot of the same friends.

It is about equal. We have some couples that we are both good friends with, so that is good. She has a big group of friends from high school, and I have some close friends from my mission.


Who is more sensitive?
Me, definitely. I can be such a baby.

For sure Adrienne, that is not always a bad thing.


Who has more siblings?
We have the same. We both have two boys and two girls in the family. I think that's ideal.

Its a tie.


Who wears the pants?
It depends on the situation, but we like to try and agree on most things (although we are very different and it's really hard at times.) JD really tries to please me and make me happy, and would probably do whatever I say with minimal resistance, but he does like to be in control too, so I dunno...

The pants??? When it comes down to it, I am not sure. It depends on the situation and circumstance.

10 Random Things about Me
1. I rarely leave the grocery store without buying bananas.
2. I love going on long runs, especially to places I've never been.
3. I find myself relating songs to real life, and accuse JD of not having a heart if he doesn't get emotional over lyrics.
4. I'm bipolar when it comes to cleaning. It's either a total mess or spotless.
5. I'm probably one of the most competitive people you'll ever meet.
6. I used to HATE all nuts and would gag at the thought of a peanut M&M, but now I actually like them.
7. My favorite thing in the world is being at Lake Powell with my whole family.
8. I would love to travel to every country in the world.
9. Working in the ICU has made me a little paranoid, but also very grateful for life, my health, and my loved ones.
10. I love going to bed before 10pm.

1. I love sports, like more than a friend. I can name jersey numbers, colleges attended, statistics, all sorts of valuable information.

2. If a sport has a board, I probably suck at it.

3. When the Utah Jazz went to the NBA Finals, I cried tears of joy. Tears of pain when they lost, both times, damn Michael Jordan.

4. From the ages 9 to about 12 I had the sickest wave ever. My hair was a masterpiece everyday. Hairspray, blowdryer, curl brush. What a loser.

5. I get really obsessed with things. Right now it is golf. Adrienne loves it.

6. I love really expensive, really good food. I think it is hereditary (Dad). Nothing makes me happier than going out to a good restaraunt with people I love.

7. I love the Office a lot. I think that Jim and I would be best friends, for sure.

8. I am not handy, at all. I just dont have skills with tools.

9. I was really nice to my little sister Jane growing up. Most big brothers are mean, I was the nice one, she was mean.

10. I like simple little pleasures like: dropping the pillows off of our made bed onto the ground before going to sleep, watering a Christmas tree, sweeping the floor, hitting a brand new golf ball, buying a gift for Adrienne and seeing her love it, stuff like that.

I think I'm supposed to tag 10 people now, so I tag Sarah, Sammy, Megan, Mom, Becca, Jess, Lynn, Natalie, Laura and Leah

9 comments:

Erin said...

how fun to find you guys here! I love relating life to songs too! Sometimes I think my life should be a tv show because of it! Too bad you guys aren't coming here! Didn't you live on this island last year when we were here?!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

Hey my love, we will be in Utah the 2nd week in Feb - when your lucky butt will be in Maui. Nice. I miss you Adrie, you should see how brilliant your niece is. Call me. Sam

Taylor Family said...

AND I tagged you a few days ago too!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

i am so bummed you guys are all going snow boarding and we can't be there. Next year we will plan a trip to all go together.

miss you

eric sam kami

Jeremy, Kazia & Bryton said...

I loved reading this. You two are so cute. And JD is hillarious. I was cracking up at some of his responses.

Aleena said...

You two are so funny! I love that you did that it is fun to get to know you!

JRC said...

JD's answers cracked me up! Its so funny to hear the guys perspective. And I have to say...I swear there is at least 1 cuddler in every relationship...and its not me. Josh does the same thing to me (what a bed hog!) If he gets in the middle of the bed I tell him he's invading my sleeping space. I don't even know what it would be like for both people to want to cuddle when they sleep.

A | E said...

I just found your blog, fun!

Alex and Jane said...

This may have been up for a while, I haven't been in the blogging world for a while. I like the tag team effort. Oh, and I was hardly mean, just a little precocious.