Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy is Better

(No matter what state I'm in.) I don't know if I was feeling guilty from doing next to nothing the day before, or if I had energy from resting, probably both, but Friday was quite the productive day. Maddie and I got up and did yoga together and then went for a bike ride to the store. (I'm sure I looked like the biggest dork with my 8 month pregnant belly and helmet, pulling a bike trailer, but oh well). I bought some new running shoes, we stopped at the park on the way home, and by the time we got home, the babe was ready for a nap. She's had a nasty cough the past couple days and can't get enough of her "nice and cozy" big girl bed. I, on the other hand, decided to be the Little Red Hen.
A few months ago I bought a bunch of food storage, but didn't know the least bit about how to use it. So Friday I decided I'd better learn. Hesitantly, I opened a can of hard red wheat, stuck it in my Blendtec, and yes people, I ground my own wheat into flour. Only a couple hours later I ended up with these!
Can you tell I'm pretty proud of myself? They turned out kinda heavy because they are whole wheat, but they taste good. I'm gonna have to experiment with different recipes, but it's nice to know I can feed my family.
So later that day I was putting my boots on and Maddie comes in and asks if I'm going to work. I said no, I'm going to a movie with daddy. She gets so excited and tells me she's going to get her shoes and jacket. I honestly felt so bad telling her we were going on a date and she was staying with a babysitter. She had a meltdown. (Which was so me any time my parents left me with a babysitter or my older brothers, except I was always terrified that a robber was gonna come.) For a moment I thought about dropping our plans and taking her to a kid movie, but I got over it. JD and I got to have a yummy dinner just the two of us, and see The Adjustment Bureau. I realized that pretty soon we're gonna have another little appendage that will be even harder to leave, so I'd better enjoy the next few weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to hear about your day. I"m so impressed you went on a bike ride while so far along. your amazing.
Miss you. So glad we were able to skype and talk.

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me feel like I am getting to know you more and more every time :) You're awesome with the bread stuff. I need to figure out what to do with my food storage, too!