Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall Favorites

Here's a few pictures of Maddie from the past month that I love. I really can't believe how much she's grown up. Tonight she actually let me cuddle and rock her before bed, and I was in heaven. She let me tickle her back and play with her hair, and all the sudden I looked down and realized I no longer held an infant, but a big girl who filled up my arms, had opinions of her own, and liked to watch Tinkerbell. After about 5 minutes, she pointed to her pillow. For some reason, I just lost it! There's nothing I enjoy more than watching my little one learn and grow (and sleep all night long in her own bed), but tonight I missed my baby. Maybe she'll still cuddle with me when she's a teenager.
Anyways, September here was hot. Hotter than it was all summer. But all the public pools were closed, so we spent lots of time in our kiddie pool. (Yeah, me too).

October has been filled with getting ready for Halloween. I've been totally obsessed. I love this holiday for some weird reason. The other day we went to a really cute pumpkin patch.
I tried to get some cute shots of Maddie, but of course she refused to let go of her baby. (She has 8 baby dolls: New Baby, Tiny Baby, Soft Baby, Water Baby, Naked Baby, etc...and they all sleep with her in her crib).
We made a trip down to OC to visit the grandparents and got Disneyland passes while we were there. It's a way different experience with a toddler, but all worth it to see this face:
Maddie loves her cousin Johnny. And this may be my favorite picture of all time. When I asked her what she loved about DLand, the first thing she said was "Goofy!" We never saw Goofy, and honestly I didn't even know she knew who that was, but I think playing in his "garden" with her buddy was her favorite part!

6 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

She's gorgeous, just like her mama! :) I love the picture in front of the barn.

So, I haven't RSVP'd yet, but we are COMING! :) YAY! Excited to see you...and meet your hubby. Be afraid of us...our costumes will be super spooky! :)

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

That just CANNOT be Maddie. She's getting so big. Seriously, if I were you I'd cry too. Time is going way way way too fast. I can't wait to kiss those cheeks.

p.s. have you seen that commercial on TV where the dad is lecturing the toddler in the driver's seat about how to drive safely and not text. Then she buckles up and the person driving away is not a toddler anymore but a teenager. Well, that makes me cry almost every time.

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

and I think you'll be the kind of mommy where Maddie will always want to cuddle with you:)

Josh and Megan said...

So, i haven't rsvp'd yet either...oh wait, maybe because I wasn't invited! Whats the deal? Anyway...I love the swimming picture! We miss Maddie...Sav thought she was going to be at the cabin last weekend but we had to break the news that she went home! We miss you! BTW, remember how you were going to buy a $25 tutu & then said, no, i can make something? Well, your dress it WAY better than any tutu. I didn't know you had it in you...I will hire you next year for Savs costume! lets talk soon, so i don't have to write crazy long comments, okay?

Cicily said...

Enoch still asks for us to lay with him in bed at night after he's all tucked in. Plus, she's a girl, they like cuddling a lot longer than boys do.

Alex and Jane said...

We love Halloween and can't wait to see you all next weekend to celebrate it! That Maddie and Johnny picture is priceless.