Last night we went to the Bee's game with the Barruses and the Chases. The weather was perfect and the kids were lovin it. (So were we!) We're sure gonna miss our friends in Utah. Too bad we have to leave right when everybody starts to come out from hibernation!
The men with their kiddos

The girls with the kiddos

Had to add this one of my pretty little Maddie girl. She's been having some rough nights the last little while...waking up every couple of hours which starts to drive her mom and dad crazy! I hope it's just from the shots and is TEMPORARY! Do I let her cry it out when she wakes up in the middle of the night? HELP!

9 comments:
Sometimes chase still gets up in the middle of the night too. i only get him if he is truly freaking out. if he is just whimpering or crying a little I let him fall back to sleep and he does within 5-10 minutes.
oh don't get me started...this whole topic is too fresh in my mind. I am going to have to call you on this one! You should have talked to your doctor about it last week! If you are going to let her cry you should do it before you move it with your parents!Anyway, we had fun last night! Thanks for letting us tag along!
My doc told me after 4 months I should let them learn how to go back to sleep on their own "sleep training". It was hard for me because I couldn't sleep anyway so I thought I might as well be in there. I'd put a couple pillows on my head and try to get back to sleep.
I can never bring myself to do it if I think they don't feel well though.
I hope I can make it down on Tuesday.
Getting a baby to sleep through the night was the hardest 3 nights ever, but once I did it I slept like before she was born... can you imagine?
We missed you guys so much this weekend.
You might consider that she's teething. I know it seems early but I found that when Cassie went through those nights the best fix was to give her a dose of tylenol. I would guess the shots have cleared out of her system. If she's waking up every 2 hours something is probably making her uncomfortable. If you don't feel good letting her cry it out yet i'd try some medicine one night.
Try giving her water instead of milk during the night. My kids soon learned that it wasnt worth waking for just water. Also, I found the longer you wait to sleep train, the more difficult it becomes. Oh by the way, Sam pasted you on my blog. Hope you dont mind. Maddie is so cute.
Maddie is so cute, it is impossible to think that she is giving you any grief! You already know that I am the WORST person to ask about how to get a baby to sleep. I can tell you which shows are on between midnight and 6 am in So Cal. :)
I think the best advice I ever got was to never( or hardly ever) put them in bed asleep. I will rock kade to sleep and when he's really tired but not yet asleep I lay him down. At first he would fuss. Sometimes I'd have to do it a few times. But this way they learn to fall asleep by themselves. That way when they wake at night it's eaiser for them to fall back to sleep. I also have a couple books I love if you want to read them.
im so jealous. brady is still up every 3 hours to eat! i've read in a lot of books you should let them cry it out. easier said than done though!
Post a Comment