Thursday, December 11, 2008

Walking Girls

Today the girls I go walking with a couple times a week took me to Paradise Bakery for a little baby shower. They are seriously the best! Not only did they shower me with adorable gifts, but they've given me every bit of advice I'll need when I can officially be part of the stroller brigade.
The first time I went, I felt alittle out of place because I'd had two miscarriages and wanted a baby so bad. They shared their own stories of infertility challenges and miscarriages, and really were able to empathize with me. I think by the secondor third time I went, I had found out I was pregnant, and they were so happy for me. It's been fun chatting on our morning walks and becoming friends with them. They've let me come along, despite my lack of a stroller. In the past I've tried to push their strollers up the hill for them, but now I'm barely keeping up carrying myself up the hill. Don't get me wrong. I'm just proud to finish lately! This is no walk in the park. These girls tackle this grueling 5 mile "walk" in record time. My body just doesn't perform the way it used to! Thanks for the gifts and for whipping me into shape!

Kim, Jessie, Me, Camille, and Tamara
When I got home I decided to start working on accesories for the nursery. I've never made a pillow before, so this was totally trial and error, but I think it turned out pretty cute.

Now I'm off to Bunco. Oh how I love my days off.

8 comments:

Erin said...

5 miles! that is amazing! I need people like that to go walking with but there are none here! i LOOOVE your pillow...geeze stop being so talented!

Our EyreLife said...

Well, we love that you come even WITHOUT a stroller. We just love you and can't wait to meet your little sweetheart.

Big hugs!

Leah said...

Cute pillow!

Taylor Family said...

I don't understand how you are so crafty! I hope you enjoy your robe you won at Bunco!!!

Brittany said...

Thats such a cute pillow. How awesome are you? (I'll answer that question - very)
Merry Christmas!

Lauren and Josh said...

Hey JD and Adrienne! Lauren and I love your blog. She may have already told you but we are having a baby boy in about 2 months so it's fun to see how you guys are doing with your little one on the way real soon. Anyway, I wanted to see if I could get your address so we could send you a New Year's card. You can either email me at joshspeirs@hotmail.com or just leave a comment on our blog. Thanks!!

Eldredge greatness said...

ok, you made that? you are like Mrs. Craft all the sudden. I knew it! Its gotta be the hormones. :)

Eldredge greatness said...

or you know what...maybe youve always been crafty!